It is currently 22 Jul 2018, 02:06

All times are UTC + 1 hour



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Mage
PostPosted: 04 Jul 2018, 06:33 
Offline
Donator

Joined: 16 Mar 2012, 17:25
Posts: 66
Medals: 12
Report Bugs (1) 20 MINUTES OF GLORY (1) UNBEATABLE HERO (1) BEGGINER GAMBLER (1)
MASTER GAMBLER (1) CASINO BOSS (1) LUCKY SPIN (1) HUMAN CAMPER (1)
THE PROTECTOR (1) RONARK BLESSED (1) ADREAM BLESSED (1) HATER OF DAGGER (1)

Country: Estonia (ee)
Reputation point: 3
Normal

The rest of the classes are well balanced, but mage is the only one underpowered.
The biggest problem is stun rate. Light mage almost never stuns anyone.
Since both mp and int builds have low ac and hp, you would imagine that the dmg is good. But it's not. Fire mage hits less than bp/warrior and is weaker in every other aspect also.
I really like playing with mages, but now they are too weak. Would be very nice if you balanced mage properly. Mages are good for pk ;)

Heres my suggestion to balance mage:
up stun/slow rate by 50%
up staff damage by 10%

_________________
Image


Last edited by TheDevil on 04 Jul 2018, 16:45, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Mage
PostPosted: 04 Jul 2018, 08:02 
Offline
Developer

Joined: 20 Sep 2010, 09:19
Posts: 490
Medals: 7
Community Tributer (1) Good (1) Bronze Tutorial Award (1) Royalty (1)
Master of Suggestions (1) Full Ideas (1) Genius (1)

Reputation point: 90
PopularPopularPopularPopularPopularPopularPopularPopularPopularPopular

Hi Boom I appreciate your thoughts about class balance.

As you know there is mainly 2 classes hard to balance.
Archer and Mage.

If you have many of them...they start destroy all the melee pk.
So we watch the server and do adjustments sometimes.

There was a topic about Mages a while ago:
viewtopic.php?f=117&t=44965

When I wrote this topic we had almost no Mages on the server.
Im happy that I see more Mages now and from what I see they do quite well.
(ofc its still hard to play Mage...since they usually are the No.1 target...)

But I can not say, that they hit lower than warriors - depending on the target.
On Int Priests (with shield...wep def) a Mage hits more dmg than a warrior!
On a Rogue with Mythril Armors...a warrior will hit more.

You talk about staff hit only? Or do you think about Spells (Manes, Deadly...)?

About stun rate.
Unfortunately we can not easily adjust stun rates.
From what I know its affected by: MP, LR and INT stats.

One way to go, would be to lower the LR on some Items (Jewels and Weapons).

But honestly...I saw Priests complain about high stun rates :?
So Im not sure if we should change anything about that.
Always consider that there might be 2 or 3 Mages hitting a Priest...
So dont just see the stun rate when a single Mage is hitting a target.


What I have in plan, is to remove the Health Stat requirement on TStaff.
But im a lil afraid, that this would make Mage AOE Partys to tanky.

_________________
to critisice is easier than to create ;)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Mage
PostPosted: 04 Jul 2018, 14:06 
Offline
Donator
User avatar

Joined: 26 Dec 2010, 20:01
Posts: 131
Location: Trenchtown
Medals: 10
Silver Medal (1) Report Bugs (1) THE BEST FIGHTER EVER (1) KILL AND WIN (1)
THE KILLER OF ADREAM (1) 20 MINUTES OF GLORY (1) NEVER GIVE UP (1) UNBEATABLE HERO (1)
WARRIORS KILLER (1) PRIESTS KILLER (1)

Country: Jamaica (jm)
Reputation point: 11
Start to be popularStart to be popular

lBoomlBap wrote:
The rest of the classes are well balanced, but mage is the only one underpowered.
The biggest problem is stun rate. Light mage almost never stuns anyone.
Since both mp and int builds have low ac and hp, you would imagine that the dmg is good. But it's not. Fire mage hits less than bp/warrior and is weaker in every other aspect also.
I really like playing with mages, but now they are too weak. Would be very nice if you balanced mage properly. Mages are good for pk ;)

Heres my suggestion to balance mage:
up stun/slow rate by 50%
up damage by 10%

+1 mages need 100 150 more dmg whit staff and %10-15 more stun-ice rate but only wht staf (72 skill). Not important aoe dmg so no have many player for mage pk

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Mage
PostPosted: 04 Jul 2018, 16:42 
Offline
Donator

Joined: 16 Mar 2012, 17:25
Posts: 66
Medals: 12
Report Bugs (1) 20 MINUTES OF GLORY (1) UNBEATABLE HERO (1) BEGGINER GAMBLER (1)
MASTER GAMBLER (1) CASINO BOSS (1) LUCKY SPIN (1) HUMAN CAMPER (1)
THE PROTECTOR (1) RONARK BLESSED (1) ADREAM BLESSED (1) HATER OF DAGGER (1)

Country: Estonia (ee)
Reputation point: 3
Normal

Thank you for your reply and explanations.

Anduin wrote:
But I can not say, that they hit lower than warriors - depending on the target.
On Int Priests (with shield...wep def) a Mage hits more dmg than a warrior!
On a Rogue with Mythril Armors...a warrior will hit more.

Mages don't worry me at all as assassin. Mages should be more dangerous because that's the reason they sacrifice all their armor and health. Like Fou said. 100-150 dmg on staff only. Spells are fine.
Anduin wrote:
Unfortunately we can not easily adjust stun rates.
From what I know its affected by: MP, LR and INT stats.

One way to go, would be to lower the LR on some Items (Jewels and Weapons).
I think lowering LR and GR would be fine. Just balance it with lowering Light and Glacier dmg on weapons.

Anduin wrote:
But honestly...I saw Priests complain about high stun rates


Tell me names so i won't add them to party :D
The reason they die is because they suck not stun rates :D
I have played as priest against mage and get stunned maybe once an hour.

Anduin wrote:
Always consider that there might be 2 or 3 Mages hitting a Priest...

If theres 3 light mages hitting a priest with staff he better get stunned or somethings wrong :P

Anduin wrote:
What I have in plan, is to remove the Health Stat requirement on TStaff.
But im a lil afraid, that this would make Mage AOE Partys to tanky.


I don't think mages need more def. but more staff dmg and stun. For AOE parties you need like 2 parties of organised mages so i don't think we will be seeing them in too close future :P

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Mage
PostPosted: 05 Jul 2018, 07:30 
Offline
Developer

Joined: 20 Sep 2010, 09:19
Posts: 490
Medals: 7
Community Tributer (1) Good (1) Bronze Tutorial Award (1) Royalty (1)
Master of Suggestions (1) Full Ideas (1) Genius (1)

Reputation point: 90
PopularPopularPopularPopularPopularPopularPopularPopularPopularPopular

lBoomlBap wrote:
Mages don't worry me at all as assassin. Mages should be more dangerous because that's the reason they sacrifice all their armor and health. Like Fou said. 100-150 dmg on staff only. Spells are fine.
IMO Mages are dangerous.
Mages and Archers are the main Priest killers...
Easy to tank 5 warriors on int Priest
But hard to tank 5 Mages with staff hit...(or 5 Archers...)


lBoomlBap wrote:
Tell me names so i won't add them to party :D
The reason they die is because they suck not stun rates :D
I have played as priest against mage and get stunned maybe once an hour.
If you are the only Priest in a party fight - BDW for example - and 1 stun hits you
its most likeley that you die in the next 3 seconds. Nothing you can do about that.
Its not about beeing noob...its (as always...) about luck!

I did many tests with Mage and from my point of view, the stun rates are ok.

But I will do a few more tests and check the balance between flame/light/ice staff hit again.

Two little things I want to change with next patch.
1. Magimas will have a slight upgrade +5HP stats

2. TStaff will be without HP stat requirement
(hope to see more TStaffs in cz...;) )

I also hope I see more support Mages in cz...with TMace+Tshield - switching to TStaff.
Mage was actually not meant to be a melee dmg dealer...:P

_________________
to critisice is easier than to create ;)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Mage
PostPosted: 06 Jul 2018, 19:28 
Offline
Donator
User avatar

Joined: 26 Dec 2010, 20:01
Posts: 131
Location: Trenchtown
Medals: 10
Silver Medal (1) Report Bugs (1) THE BEST FIGHTER EVER (1) KILL AND WIN (1)
THE KILLER OF ADREAM (1) 20 MINUTES OF GLORY (1) NEVER GIVE UP (1) UNBEATABLE HERO (1)
WARRIORS KILLER (1) PRIESTS KILLER (1)

Country: Jamaica (jm)
Reputation point: 11
Start to be popularStart to be popular

Anduin wrote:

But I will do a few more tests and check the balance between flame/light/ice staff hit again.

Two little things I want to change with next patch.
1. Magimas will have a slight upgrade +5HP stats

2. TStaff will be without HP stat requirement
(hope to see more TStaffs in cz...;) )

I also hope I see more support Mages in cz...with TMace+Tshield - switching to TStaff.
Mage was actually not meant to be a melee dmg dealer...:P

t staff's stats its ok for support mages only need 100 150 more dmg whit staff
if you made useable whit shield its ok no need more dmage.
but only to be able to use the staff, it should be an option. like 100 150 more dmage for semi-support mages.
Im playing whit semi-support
91 str
160 int
81 hp
200 mp
this is ok for support+attack whit staff butt just need 100 150 more dmg
Oh how much I told 100 150 dmg :D

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Mage
PostPosted: 07 Jul 2018, 07:56 
Offline
Donator

Joined: 16 Mar 2012, 17:25
Posts: 66
Medals: 12
Report Bugs (1) 20 MINUTES OF GLORY (1) UNBEATABLE HERO (1) BEGGINER GAMBLER (1)
MASTER GAMBLER (1) CASINO BOSS (1) LUCKY SPIN (1) HUMAN CAMPER (1)
THE PROTECTOR (1) RONARK BLESSED (1) ADREAM BLESSED (1) HATER OF DAGGER (1)

Country: Estonia (ee)
Reputation point: 3
Normal

Anduin wrote:
If you are the only Priest in a party fight - BDW for example - and 1 stun hits you
its most likeley that you die in the next 3 seconds. Nothing you can do about that.
Its not about beeing noob...its (as always...) about luck!


For that situation you have a rogue who in bdw should be doing not much more than curing and minoring priest. But enough about tactics. That's not what we discuss here :P

Back in maxko when i vs'd int fire mage we were pretty close(standing vs). Now i beat all mages with 70% hp left. 50% if they slide. A mage attacking rogue should be dangerous for rogue. But it's not. It's more like free np. No wonder not many people want to play mage.

Since priests are more effected by stun than other classes, how about upping resistances on t-shield/aop and reducing them on other itmes?
And i still think mages could use 10% dmg boost.

Remember. We used to play with swift, wolf, buffs... all of that. It made tactics really important. Now if people cant get cured from one stun... That's their problem... You don't even need re-swift....

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 

All times are UTC + 1 hour


Who is online

Registered users: Athena, Baidu [Spider], Bing [Bot], GM_SamBo, Google [Bot], IDrawMyDreamZ, iLikeDUST, SOLOPLAY, Tolkien , Vegan , Yumiko


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
© 2008-2018 MAXKO.org